Senior Dress Up Fun

There was some confusion with the homecoming dress-up week for seniors, but the week has been going well so far

Seniors dressing up during the week before the homecoming football game has been a tradition for many years. Most seniors go all-out for the days and have a lot of fun with it. This year, there was some confusion with the specific dress-up days, because they are not all the same as in previous years. Although some days have changed, the seniors are still participating and getting excited for the dress-up week.

The dress-up day themes for this year in order of days are Rock n’ Roll, 4th of July, Business Casual, Pajama Day, and Scottie Pride day.

“I am most excited for Scottie pride day because I love seeing everyone come together at the school all dressed up to support our Scots,” senior Katelyn Cox said. “It’s not just the belles or the cheerleaders wearing their uniforms, it’s everybody.”  

Friday is Scottie Pride day and this is also the day of the homecoming pep rally. It is the final traditional dress-up day and is a way to bring together the entire school to rally for the Scots.

In creating outfits for the different days, students will use clothes they already have or go out and buy clothing and accessories from different stores. Mostly, students get their outfit ideas from previous seniors or come up with their own types of outfits.

“I’m going off of what a lot of people have done in the past and creating outfits with stuff I already have or stuff I want to wear and my own ideas,” Cox said.

There is no requirement for participation, but a majority of the senior class participates. And students make sure to go all-out and dress-up in whacky, fun outfits.

“Everyone looks up to the seniors who do it every year and you start freshman year being like really excited and looking forward to it,” senior Mia Clark said.

Freshman, particularly, are usually unaware of the dress-up days and are in shock when they see multitudes of students dressed in different costumes. Most underclassmen look forward to being a senior and being able to participate in senior activities, such as the homecoming dress-up week.

All in all, even with the confusion about themes of the days and rules regarding outfits, the senior class is participating in the dress-up week successfully. The rest of the week should be fun for the student body and a way to excite everyone for the homecoming football game.