Highlander staff gets personalized apparel

This past week, the students on the Highlander Yearbook staff received yearbook apparel. The girls were ecstatic about the clothes because it legitimizes the staff, and makes them feel appreciated. The boa shorts, pullovers, rain jackets, sweatpants, sports bras and socks are the items that members of the Highlander yearbook staff will be wearing. The editors of the yearbook designed the unique clothing because they have the best idea of the style of students in the school, and what people will actually wear. In their first year of apparel sales, staffers spent a total of $2,500 on different clothing pieces.

“The fact that yearbook got clothing makes me feel really official because I’m not involved in a sport and all the sports teams have clothes. I definitely feel that yearbook should get more recognition for all the hard work we put into the book. Everyone contributes to this book and works very hard at all times so it lives up to its title of being the biggest and best yearbook in the United States. The clothing we got definitely makes it official, and it’s so cute,” junior Alex Echols said.

In high school, the sport or club that you are involved in becomes a significant part of your life. All the varsity teams have clothing and everyone knows the people on the team. The members of the Highlander staff all work together to produce an incredible book and have to communicate to get things done. With the hard work and amount of hours put into the book, the making of the yearbook is run like a business and a team.

“I really love how we got clothing for yearbook. For me, the clothing represents more than just a new jacket or t-shirt, it symbolizes that all the effort we put into this book is worth it. It shows me that my work doesn’t go unnoticed and that we are appreciated. The clothing has honestly motivated me to work harder and stay on yearbook throughout high school,” freshman Claire Kozmetzky said.

Having yearbook clothing not only adds to the staffs’ wardrobe, but reassures them that their work is appreciated and recognized. The clothing is somewhat of a reward and makes the yearbook staff feel even more like a team than it already does.