Lady Scots Volleyball Crushes RL Turner 3-0

In much anticipated match-up, two undefeated teams vie to defend winning-streak.
Jeneta Nwosu

The Lady Scots varsity volleyball team won 3-0 against a previously undefeated RL Turner High School Saturday 27.

There was a cloud of apprehensiveness surrounding the game, generated by both teams having an undefeated winning-streak this season.

In the first set of three, the Lady Scots emerged victorious with a score of 25-14.  When the second set went into play, the players on the court started to overflow with confidence, as they scored point-after-point, ending the second set with a score of 25-11. The team carried their confidence from the second set into the third, finishing with a score of 25-13. 

Before the game, the players felt a variety of emotions, knowing one team would have to walk away no longer undefeated.

“I [felt] calm but also excited,” senior Emily Hellmuth said.

She credited her fellow teammates with helping her keep a positive mindset.

“Kendyl Reaugh gives me tips, and Kennedy Westendorff helps me smile, stay positive and have fun because she always has a good attitude,” Hellmuth said.

Jeneta Nwosu

While the players defended their winning streak on the court, the enthusiastic fans crammed the stands. The Lady Scots basketball team, freshman and JV girls volleyball and girls soccer came to support their fellow athletes. 

“I liked having a big crowd watch me because it made me excited to play,” freshman Gracie Braner said. 

The Lady Scots volleyball team will meet Woodrow Wilson High School on their court October 4 to defend their winning streak.

About the Contributors
Alexis Jackson, Photo editor
What is your zodiac sign? Aquarius What is your favorite dessert? Soft cookies If you were stuck on an island with a celebrity, who would it be? Taylor Swift
Jeneta Nwosu, Editor-in-Chief
What is her favorite dessert? Her favorite dessert is cookie dough. What is her biggest fear? Her biggest fear is getting stranded in the desert.  What made her want to join newspaper? She doesn't remember exactly, but she's very glad she did. She loves almost every aspect of the program.