Announcements: Jan 31, 2018

Roots is this Thursday at 3711 Villanova at 7:30! Come and bring your friends!

Highland Park High School Cheerleading. Mandatory Tryout Meeting.  Any current 9th, 10th or 11th grader interested in trying out for the 2018-2019 HPHS Cheerleading squad must bring a parent and attend a mandatory meeting on Monday, February 5th from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m., in the Highland Park High School cafeteria.  The tryout procedures, policies, and timeline will be addressed, and all tryout materials, including the applications, will be distributed.  Candidates must attend the meeting with a parent and sign in to be eligible to try out.   For questions, contact Oscar Ruiz at [email protected].  Thank you and GO SCOTS!

Highland Park High School Scotsmen. Mandatory Tryout Meeting. Any 11th grader interested in trying out to be a 2018-2019 HPHS Scotsmen must pick up an application from C121. You and a parent must also attend the mandatory information meeting on Thursday, February 8th at 5pm in HPHS Cafeteria. For questions, contact Dr. Kelly Moeller at [email protected].

The 65 roses club Is having the rose drive from January 29th to February 9th for all grades to buy roses!

IT’S TIME TO SPARKLE! Highland Park High School’s Sparkling Scots program, an inclusive cheerleading squad, is looking to form the 2018-2019 squad! Any current HPHS student who shows an engaging interest in the Sparkling Scots program and wishes to participate as a cheerleader or mentor sister and promote inclusion throughout the school and community needs to come to the mandatory interest meeting to pick up an application packet. All interested applicants for the SPARKLING SCOTS SQUAD and a parent must attend the mandatory Sparkles Interest Meeting on Tuesday, February 6th in WC106 from 5-6pm.

Hello Students! CSC is having their fifth meeting of the year on Monday, February 5th from 6-7 pm in WC219. Come and join us to learn more about CSC, future meetings and service opportunities, as well as listen to two guest speakers. Go to our website for more information.

Attention Honor Society and Club Members! The school has a new school website that will go live at the end of the month. If you want your club to be on it, you must attend a session to create your webpage. Register at tinyurl.com/hpclubpg, that’s tinyurl.com/hpclubpg. Training will take placeFebruary 1st.

HP KLIFE Dodgeball Tournament is Sunday Feb 11th from 2-6pm at the High School. Teams are 6-8 students with prizes for the winning team. Visit https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https://hpklife.com&c=E,1,Bf3rNrn3V2PAxmF3qSxWTdnMwpVfpQnsox-KJ1uWwFQBDwkORefNuwtDogGCMQZYqCxJgvX4Ea80FqG6X-91PxQai-8kN9sCUtwJNnO1k8XrrgXKZ00qLReeu69k&typo=1 for more info on how to register!

Do you have new or used books that need a new home? Be a part of the 2018 HP LitFest Book Drive during the month of February. Last year, there were almost 800 books donated and this year’s goal is to double that number and collect 1600 books for organizations in need. Books for all ages are needed. If you are still in need of NEHS hours, this is a great way to earn some. Books may be dropped off in Mr. Smith’s room (EC212) or Dr. O’Rourke’s room (C107). If you have any questions about getting involved with the book drive, please see Mr. Smith. To earn NEHS hours, you must put your donated books in a bag with your name on it. 10 books equals 1 hour, maximum of 2 hours available.

HP KLIFE Dodgeball Tournament is Sunday Feb 11th from 2-6pm at the High School! Teams are 6-8 students with prizes for the winning team. Visit hpklife .com for more info on how to register!

Morning Scotties and NEHS members! Earn your service hours by donating books to the Lit Fest book drive. Bring a bag of ten books for any age reader to Dr O’Rourke’s room C107 between today and Feb 23, the end of Lit Fest.