Announcements: Nov. 1, 2017

All students, please check your school email account for a Google form for name change requests in the 2017-2018 Highlander yearbook. Please fill out a name change form if you go by any name other than your legal name and want it to be used where you are covered. The deadline for this form is this Wednesday, Nov. 1. Please keep in mind this is the name you want to use next to your portrait, in captions as well as in the index.”

KLife is having open club Tuesdays and Thursdays, pancakes and prayer Wednesday, and club Sunday. Follow us on Instagram for more information @hpklife.

The November Issue of the Bagpipe is out now! Be sure to pick it up if you want to read about Social Media’s impact on students, a highlight on our new assistant principal Mr. Gray, and much more. You can find The Bagpipe at many stations around campus or in front of the Newspaper room: EC212.

Roots underground is this Thursday at 3711 Villanova! Come and bring your friends!

Congratulations to the Academic Decathlon team!  This past weekend, the AcDec team traveled to Rockwall HS to compete in the Rockwall Invitational Meet with 44 other teams and approximately 750 students.  The AcDec team brought home the 1st-place team trophy with a team score of 34,871.5 points.
Individual medal winners in the Honor Division: Michael Xie, Jean Ye, Anna Chung, Shelby Nelson, Spencer Allan, Allison Baker, Jules Heatley.
Individual medal winners in the Scholastic Division: Jasmyne Rodriguez, Matthew Forbes, Trevor Schillaci, Juliana Arnold, Parker Lake, Mackenna Bierschenk, Tay Rafferty.
Individual medal winners in the Varsity Division: Katherine Lambert and Paloma George.
Top 10 overall Honor Division: Michael Xie – 2nd place overall; Jean Ye – 9th place overall.
Top 10 overall Scholastic Division: Jasmyne Rodriguez – 1st place overall; Matthew Forbes – 2nd place overall; Trevor Schillaci – 5th place overall; Juliana Arnold – 7th place overall.
Top 10 overall Varsity Division: Katherine Lambert – 3rd place overall.

Astronomy Club Trip to Observatory application with deposit must be submitted no later than Mon. Nov. 13th. Additional forms available in box between SW105 and Planetarium. Questions: see Ms. Pierce.

The Spanish National Honor Society is having their first meeting of the year this Thurs. November 2nd at 7:00 pm in the cafeteria. This meeting counts for a credit for all members. We will announce upcoming events and explain the membership requirements.

Seniors, if you didn’t sign up for the Senior Wall before school this morning, remember you can still turn in your form with payment and select your square today only during 6th period or 3:30-4:00 in SC108.

Last night the Girls and Boys HP Swim and Dive Teams competed against Jesuit and Ursuline. Overall, both the Girls and Boys teams won over Ursuline and Jesuit with the Girls team winning 117 to 63 points and the boys winning 107 to 78 points. The Scots won 18 out of 24 events total and Swimmers of the meet were Henry Wang and Hannah Jiang. Way to go Scots!!

Student Council, for the last two years has hosted forums with over 30 Student Councils from DFW area schools. One of the ideas from the forums was developing a campaign, called Race to End Racism. Next week is National Race to End Racism Week, where schools all over the country will be recognizing this week, started by your very own, HP Student Council.

Story boards will be posted of some of your peers, giving a snapshot into their lives. The hope is that we will all be encouraged to take the time to get to know one another’s story. Also, we will have theme days all next week. Monday will be Fight Racism day, so wear your favorite superhero shirt. The 2nd period class with the highest percentage of students participating in our theme days will win breakfast for the entire class.

It’s that time of year again where we celebrate all of our service employees, which include our maintenance staff, custodial staff, cafeteria staff, and security guards. All clubs need to start collecting money at their next club meeting. Money will be due Friday, November 17. An email will be sent to club presidents with more details.