Announcements: Oct. 25, 2017

If you are a current or former Latin student and would like to sign up for the National Junior Classical League, please pay your dues to Magistra Caron by October 31. The dues are $31. Gratias!

All students! Your summer service hours must be submitted by October 27th by 11:59 pm, the last Friday in October. Your summer hours will not count after that date so make sure you get them in soon!

The Peace Club is hosting a fundraiser for hurricane relief in Puerto Rico next week in which a $25 donation earns a student 1 service hour. You can turn in your donations on Wednesday, Thursday , and Friday before and after school at the student entrance.

The Asian Student Association will be holding a meeting after school in the library on Friday, October 27. We will be celebrating the Japanese Festival of Ages. All are welcome.

Hello Students! CSC is having their third meeting of the year on Monday, November 6th from 6-7 pm in Coach John’s room, C204. Come and join us to learn more about CSC, future meetings and service opportunities, as well as listen to two guest speakers. Go to our website for more information.

4, 300 – The number of teens who die each year from underage drinking-related causes. In the spirit of Red Ribbon Week, let’s all set out to replace a bad habit with a new, healthy habit. Instead of vaping or smoking pot, find an outdoor activity you enjoy like jogging or yoga. Instead of drinking with your friends this weekend, find a healthy alternative you can enjoy with your friends like a game or a movie.   Student Council asks that everyone wear red tomorrow to recognize Red Ribbon Week. Pokey O’s will be served during all lunches.

If you did not pick up your Homecoming shirt, today is the last day to do so. You may pick it up in the StuCo room during 6th period. Afterwards, the shirts will be placed at the student entrance for anyone to pick up.

Last night your Highland Park Swim and Dive Team swam against Lovejoy high school at home. Overall in team scores, both the girls and boys team were victorious over Lovejoy with the HP girls crushing Lovejoy 147 to 33 points and the boys team dominating Lovejoy 123 points to 32 points with also winning all 24 events overall. Swimmers of the meet were John MacMichael and Erin Harper. Way to go Scots!!