Announcements: Oct. 24, 2017

Attention juniors:  If you are interested in joining Rho Kappa Social Studies National Honor Society please listen to the following announcement; A mandatory APPLICATION meeting will take place on Wednesday, October 18 in Rm. WC 208.   You MUST attend either the morning meeting at 7:30 or the afternoon meeting at 3:30. Please see Mrs. Patterson or Ms. Karr is you have questions.

If you are a current or former Latin student and would like to sign up for the National Junior Classical League, please pay your dues to Magistra Caron by October 31. The dues are $31. Gratias!

All students! Your summer service hours must be submitted by October 27th by 11:59 pm, the last Friday in October. Your summer hours will not count after that date so make sure you get them in soon!

The Peace Club is hosting a fundraiser for hurricane relief in Puerto Rico next week in which a $25 donation earns a student 1 service hour. You can turn in your donations on Wednesday, Thursday , and Friday before and after school at the student entrance.

This week, K Life will be hosting Open Cave from 3:30 to 5:30 pm on Tuesday and Thursday, where we will have food, games, movies, and more. Then, join us Sunday at 6:30 pm for club. Get ready! We will be having our annual KLife retreat during MLK weekend in January and registration is now open, so make sure to sign up! KLife is going back to Haiti June 6-13, so mark your calendars!

The Running Scots finished 8th at the Region II Championship meet yesterday at Lynn Creek Park in Grand Prairie.  The team was led by Jack Alessio who finished 30th overall with a time of 17:08.  Joseph Linck was tops among freshmen finishing 44th overall at 17:23.  Go Scots!

Tonight, your HP Girls and Boys Swimming and Diving Team will be competing against Lovejoy High School here at home. The meet will begin at 530 pm in the HP Natatorium so come out and support your swimmin’ Scots!

Congratulations to the Lady Scots Cross Country Team as the team qualified for the UIL State Meet by winning the Region II Meet yesterday.  The team was led by Sophia Oliai who placed 7th, Cameron Fawcett placed 11th, and Maddy Stephens placed 15th.  The other team members were Grace O’Keefe, Gracyn Applegate, Jordyn Kaplan, and Julia Helton. The State Meet is Saturday, November 4th at Old Settlers Park in Round Rock. Yeah cross country!!

Attention all men of Highland Park. Iron Sharpens Iron is having its 4th underground tonight at 7 o’clock at 3229 Centenary, Jack Yates’s house. There will be chick fil a at the meeting and we will be heading to whata burger afterwards.  Hope to see y’all there.”

This week is National Red Ribbon Week, a week that emphasizes the importance of refraining from alcohol and other illegal drugs. Studies show that teens who use illegal substances (drugs and alcohol) increase their likelihood of developing psychiatric disorders when they are in their 20s. On Thursday, Student Council invites all students to wear red and receive FREE Pokey O’s during lunch. Students will also be asked to sign a banner pledging to be drug free, which will be displayed at Friday’s football game.