Announcement: Sept. 25

K-Life is hosting a tailgate this Friday at 6 pm at the K-Life house, 4221 Emerson. Everyone is invited to join us for food, fun, and Scottie Pride! After the tailgate, we will walk to the football game. We will also be having pancakes and prayer Wednesday from 7:30 to 8am. We have club this Sunday, October 1st from 6:30 to 8 pm and Open Cave from 2:30 to 5:30 pm on Tuesday and Thursday. Finally, join us at KLife at the Barn on October 7. Spots are limited, so be sure to sign up!”

There is a mandatory meeting of all current members of the Science National Honor Society on Wednesday, September 27 in Ms. Leediker’s room, EC209.

Come either at 7:30 am or 3:45 pm to vote on use of funds for this year’s induction ceremony.

The Running Scots ran very well at the Lucas Lovejoy Cross Country Fall Festival at Myers Park in McKinney.  The Varsity team of Tyler Mead, Jack Alessio, Charlie Philbin, Reese Hathaway, Matthew Lippman, John Moss, and Aali Furqan finished in 1st place in the 5A-6A Varsity division.  Four varsity runners ran pr’s on Saturday.  The Junior Varsity finished 6th overall and were led by Holt Sieling who finished 23rd individually and pr’d with a time of 18:53.  The Golden Spike award for runner of the week is Tyler Mead who finished 14thoverall in the 5A-6A varsity division and pr’d with a time of 17:14.  The team travels to Round Rock next Saturday to compete in the McNeil Invitational at Old Settlers Park.  Go Scots!

Tartan, our school’s literary magazine, is looking for new editors for the upcoming school year. Tryouts for Tartan are this Wednesday and Thursday, September 27th and 28th, after school in Mr. Neil’s room (WC108). New for this year: If you are interested in helping design the next issue, with or without previous experience, please come to the tryouts as well!

The Asian Student Association will be holding a meeting after school in the library tomorrow, September 27. Joined by the Taiwanese exchange students, we will be celebrating the Mid-Autumn Festival. All are welcome.

Wednesday, September 27:

“The Asian Student Association will be holding a meeting TODAY, after school in the library. Joined by the Taiwanese exchange students, we will be celebrating the Mid-Autumn Festival. All are welcome.”

SCOT SCHEDULERS will be for sale for $9 in Supply Room.

Harry, its the golden snitch! Come out this Thursday at 7pm to Goar park to be sorted and compete on the HPHS Quidditch team! All are welcome! Please note that practice has been moved to Goar park for the rest of the semester, and remember its BYOB-Bring Your Own Broom

Come out to Highland Park Young Life TONIGHT! It all starts @ 7:29 at the corner of Pickwick and Villanova. Everyone is invited!

The Lady Scots Cross Country Team competed well at the Lovejoy Fall Festival on Saturday.  In the Elite Varsity Division, the team placed 6th out of 19 teams.  The team members were Sophia Oliai, Cameron Fawcett, Grace O’Keefe, Annemarie Whalen, Gracyn Applegate, and Jordyn Kaplan.

The 5A/6A Varsity team placed 1st.  The team members were Isabel Blaylock, Sydney Denison, Elle Thompson, Emily Nelson, Hollis Vaughan, Anna Garrett, and Ashley Booe.

In the JV Division, the team placed 3rd.  The top 3 runners for the Lady Scots were Anastasia Helms, Ellie Henry, and Holland Wiles. Yeah cross country!

Attention National English Honor Society members! The first meeting of the year is this week! Come hear our Taiwanese visitors speak about life in Taiwan at this Thursday’s meeting in C107, Dr. O’Rourke’s room from 4-5 pm. Mrs Baye’s chocolate chip cookies and lemonade will be served. If you can’t make the afternoon meeting, the makeup meeting is in the morning, 7:30-7:50 in C107. Remember: you must attend at least one meeting per semester to maintain your membership. Applications for new membership will be announced soon, so pay attention Scotties! See you Thursday!