Announcements: Feb 1, 2017

If you would like to see the forces of evil, Prince John and the Sheriff of Nottingham, battle the noble Robin Hood and his married men (no, that’s merry men) okay, merry men, then come to see the Somewhat True Tale of Robin Hood on Thursday, Friday, Saturday at 7 pm or Sunday at 2 pm.

“Ladies of HP! Roots is tomorrow at 7:30pm at 3711 Villanova. Abby Snelling will be speaking and we’ll be selling our new shirts.”

Students who are enrolled in a TaG class at the current time under a waiver must reapply for a new waiver by February 7th.  Waivers are not transferrable from year to year.  The applications are available in Room SC 108 and are due on February 7th.   Waivers are also available for students wishing to apply for a first time waiver.  They should be returned to Mrs. Raya in SC 108.

Applications for National Latin Honor Society are now available from Ms. Caron and Mr. Rasmussen. They are due to Mr. Rasmussen in C110 by Friday, February 24. Please email Mr. Rasmussen at [email protected], or come to C110, if you have any questions about qualifications for acceptance into NLHS.

Are you a fan of Harry Potter? Do you like being active? Of the answer is yes, the highland park QUIDDITCH team is having tryouts Tuesday February 7th at 5:45 at Germany park. No previous experience is required, all a student needs is to bring is their own broom and their friends. We’ll see out you there!

Seniors, be sure to check your school email for two Highlander surveys. Being logged into your school Google account makes access easier.

Any current 9th, 10th, or 11th grader interested in trying out for the 2017-2018 HPHS Cheerleading squad must bring a parent and attend a mandatory meeting on Tuesday, February 7th from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m., in the Highland Park High School cafeteria. The tryout procedures, policies, and timeline will be addressed, and all tryout materials, including the applications, will be distributed. Candidates must attend the meeting and sign in to be eligible to try out. For questions, contact Whitney Wilbur at [email protected]

Are you interested in joining the Sparkling Scots Squad? If so, there will be a mandatory Sparkles Cheer Interest Meeting on Tuesday, February 7th from 5:30-6:30 pm in room WC106. Both a PARENT AND THE CHEERLEADER/MENTOR SISTER must be at the meeting. Applications will only be available to pick up at the meeting. Please contact Mrs. Venesky in room WC106 if you have any questions.

Juniors, are you interested in learning more about Sr. Internship Program? If so, plan to attend a meeting on Feb. 15th at 7:30am or 3:45pm in the cafeteria.

The JV and Varsity girls basketball teams beat Forney last night.  Way to go Lady Scots!